CISM is a field that specializes in assisting people during and after traumatic events and disasters. CISM may include group debriefings, psychological first aid, and many other interventions designed to help manage the aftereffects of traumatic events.
How it works. There are a variety of approaches that trauma specialists can use, depending on the needs of the individual or a group, in order to help them heal from incidents.
Who may benefit from it. Individuals and groups who were affected by a traumatic event and are in need of assistance. Critical Incident Stress Management services are usually provided within a week of the event, but it can be provided at different times, depending on the circumstances.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Domestic Violence Focused Couples Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Emotionally Focused Family Therapy
Confirm your free phone consultation